Allo' Expat Macedonia - Connecting Expats in Macedonia
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Macedonia Logo

Subscribe to Allo' Expat Newsletter
Check our Rates
   Information Center Macedonia
Macedonia General Information
Macedonia Expatriates Handbook
Macedonia and Foreign Government
Macedonia General Listings
Macedonia Useful Tips
Macedonia Education & Medical
Macedonia Travel & Tourism Info
Macedonia Lifestyle & Leisure
Macedonia Business Matters
Macedonia Business
Taxation in Macedonia
  Sponsored Links

Check our Rates

Doing Business in Macedonia

Forms of Business Organisation

The Law on Trade Companies (hereinafter CL) (Official Gazette no. 28/2004, 84/2005, 25/2007,87/08) governs the establishment and organisation of a company. The CL defines a company as a legal person carrying out profitable operations, formed by the founder/s. Business entities which can be established by foreign entities are as follows:

• Limited Liability Company and Single-Member Limited Liability Company;
• Joint Stock Company.

In addition, foreign companies can open branches in Macedonia, as well as Representative Offices to carry out non-income generating activities and craftsmanship.

Limited Liability Company

Limited Liability Company is a trade company in which one or more natural or legal persons participate with one contribution each in the company’s pre-determined founding capital. The contributions may vary in amount. The members shall not be liable for the company’s liabilities.

Joint-Stock Company

Joint Stock Company is a trade company in which the shareholders participate with contributions in the charter capital that is divided in shares. The shareholders shall not be liable for the company’s liabilities.

Branch Office

A branch office is not a legal entity. It works on behalf of its mother company and all responsibility is borne by the mother company.

Representative Office

Representative offices can be opened by foreign companies to carry out non-income generating activities, such as advertising or market research on behalf of their parent company.

Procedures and Documents for Operating

The company has to report its location in the Commercial Register. The selected office space has to be registered as office space. The company may change its registered office in accordance with the procedure set forth in the Company Charter, and the change has to be reported in the Commercial Register.

According to the Company Law, the legal representative of the company must be employed in the company. The same person cannot be a legal representative of another company and may not be employed by another company. The person is registered with the Employment Agency following an employment application. The application is submitted free of charge and the procedure is concluded on the same day the application was submitted.

Documents for employment:

• decision for appointing the manager;
• forms M1/M2 – printed forms for employment registration;
• copy of a Manager's identification document;
• employment record (booklet).

See more information on the next page... (next)





copyrights ©
2015 | Policy